Green Life- Top Ten Green Values For Green Lifestyle
1. Visit your local library- The kids over the weekend, have them pick out two of their favorite books and return them after a week-Free and it is green since you are reusing the books at the library.
2. Carpool- If you drive to work is 25 miles each way and at least half is stop-and -go traffic, you will save almost 10 percent of your monthly carbon emissions by carpooling plus the cash you will save.
3. Conserve Energy-Run you dishwasher and it will help the environment while saving you time and money. Studies show that dishwashers actually use less than washing dishes by hand. You will saver energy, time and money especially if you use Energy Star-approved appliance.
4. Always, use rechargeable batteries and you will save even more money over time. The less you rely on single use batteries the more money you will save.
5. Buy CFL bulbs because they use 80% less energy than standard incandescent light bulbs and lasts up six to ten years. There different variety bulbs- pleasant color temperature, dimmable CFL, bug lights, 3-way models, candelabra and flicker tip styles.
Turn off your computer-Save energy and wear on your hardware. You will save $90.00 each on electricity costs by shutting down your computer at night and not in use. The department of energy recommends shutting off your monitor if you are not going to use it for more than 20 minute, and whole system if you are not going to use it for more than 2 hours.
6. Preserve the earth by shopping in bulk because it is good for the environment since it reduces packaging and waste plus it means you limit your shopping trips to the supermarket.
7. Stop Idling for more than 10 seconds because you will be wasting more gas than is needed for startup. Overall, Americans idle away 2.9 billion gallons of gas a year, worth about $78.2 billion.
8. Recycle, Reuse, and Remake your own towels instead of the paper towels by cutting up old t-shirts and turning them into cleaning rags. If Do it yourself is not your kind of thing then get this Super micro fiber cleaning and window clothes. They are absorbent and can be reused hundreds of times.
9. Ditch the bottle water- First they are expensive and it adds more waste to the landfills which in torn pollute the planet. Keep the bottles out the landfills by switching to filtered water. This system serves you delicious water you can use at home or put in a reusable water bottle for the go.
10. Stop junk mail for good by signing up to stop unsolicited mail at Direct Marketing Association website for $1.00 also use paperless systems to pay your bills. By doing so you will save around 100 million trees and around 28 billion gallons of water from waste.