Tuesday

Green Life -Avoid Supplements Containing The Following Ingredients

The consumer report for September lists the different ingredients found in supplements and the reasons why you should avoid them.


What is Aconite?


Aconite is normally used in traditional medicine of India and China. The herb is considered hot and toxic and so it is prepared in small doses.

Aconite also known as aconiti tuber, aconitum and radix aconiti

Normally people use supplement-containing aconite to alleviate inflammation, joint pain, wounds and gout.


Any supplement containing Aconite has possible dangers of toxicity, nausea, vomiting, low blood pressure, respiratory-system paralysis, heart rhythm disorders or even death. According to the latest report from the consumer reports published recently for the September edition.


The report goes on to warn about the dangers of using supplements with aconite as one of the ingredients. There are also other ingredients found in supplements that might be dangerous to your health.


Bitter Orange also known as aurantii fructus, citrus, uranium, zhi shi -the ingredients from bitter orange are suppose to help with weight loss, nasal congestion and allergies.


The possible dangers related to bitter orange are fainting, heart-rhythm disorders, heart attack, stroke or death. So if you have bitter orange in any of your supplements please read the consumer report for September.


I was concerned when I saw aconite and bitter orange because I had products with those ingredients and thank God, I never used them. I actually did not like the taste so they were in my medicine cabinet until they expired. I did not know the dangers but something told me they were nasty.

Anyway, here is the rest of the list:

Chaparral, colloidal silver, coltsfoot, comfrey, country mallow, Germanium, Greater Celandine, Kava, Lobelia and Yohimbe.


Check all your supplements for the above ingredients and go to consumerreports.org for more information. You are better of being safe than sorry.


I did switch from the products with aconite, bitter orange to some I actually like the taste, and I am happy to say they have undergone rigorous scientific tests anyway click HERE for a list of some alternatives. I also need to tell you they are natural and green so check them out and let me know what you think, you are free to email me using the form above.